Student Community Success Program
The Student Community Success Program is a program under the Dean of Students Office for students that have received an alcohol arrest/citation or noise citation off campus. This program is designed to inform and educate students on issues related to the San Luis Obispo Community and inspire students to make positive decisions off campus.
Mission of the Student Community Success Program
To foster student success off campus in the following ways:
- Promoting safety, neighborhood wellness and community involvement in the City of San Luis Obispo.
- Encouraging students to be positive community members of the San Luis Obispo Community through active participation.
- Bringing awareness to the student community at Cal Poly to issues that arise in our neighborhoods and empowers students to be a part of the solution.
We encourage all Cal Poly students to be successful off campus as well as on campus. We expect students to conduct themselves in a manner that will be considerate of their own personal safety and academic success as well as our community’s well-being. Students that receive a violation of the off campus behavior policy will be expected to go through the Student Community Success Program. The Student Community Success Program will consist of one ninety minute workshop that includes:
- Community Video – encourages students to become invested in the San Luis Obispo community; also builds a bridge between students and permanent residents
- Scenarios - the Off Campus Coordinator will facilitate a discussion with students on how to safely address each scenario
- Leadership Panel – Volunteer opportunities for students in the San Luis Obispo community