Educated Renters Certificate Program
The Educated Renters Certificate Program is an online program that helps students get prepared to be renters and live off campus in the San Luis Obispo Community. Students who go through this online program will have the benefit of submitting a certificate with their rental application to participating landlords for consideration during the application process. Since the San Luis Obispo rental market is extremely competitive, we are offering this program as a resource to help our students secure housing. Students will be given tips and information about the searching and application process in the rental market. For more information, please email email@example.com
To get certified please go to www.ercp.calpoly.edu.
- Budget: Cost Cutting Tips (pdf)
- Fire Safety (pdf)
- Home Security Tips (pdf)
- Inventory Checklist (pdf)
- Questions Tenants Need to Ask (pdf)
- Renter's Safety Evaluation (pdf)
- Tenant Rights CA Dept of Consumer Affairs
- Rental listings CANNOT be restricted due to age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, physical disability, or families with children.
- A person in a single family dwelling who is advertising for a roommate may express a preference on the basis of gender, if living areas (such as the kitchen, living room, or bathroom) will be shared by the roommate.
- Please be aware that rental listings cannot make any reference to the type of person you would like to rent to and must be in compliance with Fair Housing Act.
- Renters need to be aware that some landlords or Property Management Companies may charge non-refundable fees for applying and /or credit reports.
Storage of student's belongings for summer, etc., can be found off-campus at various moving and storage companies.